PunBB Resource

Your ultimate PunBB resource!

Keywords:

(Extended)

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-17 14:28:13

autotech

PunRewrite

I found PunRewrite Mod version: 1.0 and it says it only works on 1.2.10. Will it work in 1.2.21? Or is there an updated version I can't find?

#2 2008-12-17 22:19:19

seesaw

#3 2008-12-18 02:25:53

autotech

Re: PunRewrite

Thanks. I just started with the forum. I've already added the Sub Forum Mod (really need it), and I was also going to do the ReWrite Mod (for SEO purposes). Do you think the Google Sitemap Mod is neccesary? Haven't done the sitemap on the site yet? I was also going to throw in the Chatbox Mod. Any advice on any of the above? Thanks.

#4 2008-12-18 04:02:36

seesaw

In general the less mods and hacks you install the better, from a performance, security and maintenance point of view, IMHO.

This comment applies to the chatbox, subforum mod etc etc. Only install mods if you really really need the functionality they provide. The more mods, the more potential problems you buy into - from for example buggy code, extra/slow database queries, potential security holes, and extra trouble when it comes time to upgrade PunBB since you will then have to re-apply all the mods and hacks you installed and hope they continue to work.

The SiteMap mod is handy and useful but as the Googlebot seems to have little difficulty crawlling PunBB sites it is not what I would consider 100% essential. Same applies to the Rewrite mod - the SEO benefits of having keywords in the URL are only marginal. It's nice to have, but not necessary.

My 2c worth.

#5 2008-12-18 05:11:30

autotech

Thanks. Good advice. My plan was to stick with 1.2.21 for a while since it's supposed to be old-reliable. I've put some time into styles and what-not and the conversion to 1.3* looks like a major overhaul.

#6 2009-03-23 19:34:29

predrag

For every body who want to translate russian-cyrillic letters to latin letters:

1) open rewrite.php

REPLACE

Code:

$url = strtr($url,'ÀÁÂÃÄÅàáâãäåÒÓÔÕÖØòóôõöøÈÉÊËèéêëÇçÌÍÎÏìíîïÙÚÛÜùúûüÿÑñ/','AAAAAAaaaaaaOOOOOOooooooEEEEeeeeCcIIIIiiiiUUUUuuuuyNn-');

WITH

Code:

$url = strtr($url,array("А" => "A", "Б" => "B", "В" => "V", "Г" => "G", "Д" => "D", "Е" => "E", "Ё" => "E", "Ж" => "ZH", "З" => "Z", "И" => "I", "Й" => "I", "К" => "K", "Л" => "L", "М" => "M", "Н" => "N", "О" => "O", "П" => "P", "Р" => "R", "С" => "S", "Т" => "T", "У" => "U", "Ф" => "F", "Х" => "KH", "Ц" => "TS", "Ч" => "CH", "Ш" => "SH", "Щ" => "SHCH", "Ы" => "Y", "Э" => "E", "Ю" => "YU", "Я" => "YA", "а" => "a", "б" => "b", "в" => "v", "г" => "g", "д" => "d", "е" => "e", "ё" => "e", "ж" => "zh", "з" => "z", "и" => "i", "й" => "i", "к" => "k", "л" => "l", "м" => "m", "н" => "n", "о" => "o", "п" => "p", "р" => "r", "с" => "s", "т" => "t", "у" => "u", "ф" => "f", "х" => "kh", "ц" => "ts", "ч" => "ch", "ш" => "sh", "щ" => "shch", "ы" => "y", "э" => "e", "ю" => "yu", "я" => "ya", "Ъ" => "", "ъ" => "", "Ь" => "", "ь" => "", "ð" => "d", "Ð" => "d", "þ" => "th", "Þ" => "TH", "!" => "", "?" => ''));

2) SAVE THE FILE AS UTF-8 FILE !!

Last edited by predrag (2009-03-23 19:35:30)

Board footer

Based on PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson

© Copyright 2004–2006 Kristoffer Jansson

User contributed files are property of their respective owners.