Your ultimate PunBB resource!

Keywords:

(Extended)

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-14 12:35:25

vule23

Posting images instead of words

Hi guys,

I would like to know is there a Mod, where for a specific word it would post a picture (small gif pic) in the forum. It would work similar to the censored word, where instead of replacing it with another word it would replace it with a
picture.

Also is there a way to increase the number of letters in the censored word. Let say I need to put one of my links in a specific word, but the link is to big for me to fill in the censored word bracket, if you know what I mean.

Sorry if this was already discused, I explored the forum a little bit and didn`t find any similar posts. Also I am new to the whole forum scene.

Kind regards,

Vule

#2 2008-11-22 19:49:55

Koos
Administrator
Website

Re: Posting images instead of words

vule23 wrote:

I would like to know is there a Mod, where for a specific word it would post a picture (small gif pic) in the forum. It would work similar to the censored word, where instead of replacing it with another word it would replace it with a
picture.

Easy, just use the BBCode equivalent of the image for the 'Replacement text'. ie:
Replacement text:
[img]http://www.myforum.com/image.jpg[/img.

vule23 wrote:

Also is there a way to increase the number of letters in the censored word. Let say I need to put one of my links in a specific word, but the link is to big for me to fill in the censored word bracket, if you know what I mean.

You'll have to make the following three changes:

Open 'admin_censoring.php', and

replace:
name="new_replace_with" size="24" maxlength="60"
with:
name="new_replace_with" size="24" maxlength="200"

replace:
pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_word['replace_with']).'" size="24" maxlength="60" />
with:
pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_word['replace_with']).'" size="24" maxlength="200" />

In phpMyAdmin, change the 'replace_with' field's type in the 'censoring' table from varchar(60) to varchar(200).

Board footer

Based on PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson

© Copyright 2004–2006 Kristoffer Jansson

User contributed files are property of their respective owners.