PunBB Resource

Your ultimate PunBB resource!

Keywords:

(Extended)

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-21 04:15:40

jadias

Different Moderator Groups / 'Mod-Proof' Private Forums

I operate a forum with a lot of members of a team in one group (some of whom are moderators), and lots of non-team-members as well.

Currently I can provide some forums only to team members by making them visible only to people in that group, and moderators, which is fine since all the moderators are members anyway.

However, I am about to invite a separate group of people who I need to have moderator privilages in their own forums, but who I do NOT want to be able to access the members-only forums. If they are moderators under the current system, there is no way of doing this.

As I see it there are 2 possible solutions:

1 - PREFERABLE - Create a new user group with moderator privilages, who I can then lock out from being able to see the private forums

2 - ALRIGHT - Password-protect the private forums in such a way that even moderators have to enter the password

Any ideas? It may be easy with PHP knowledge but I am basically a total newbie to it so I have no idea.

#2 2008-06-21 05:09:17

MattF

Re: Different Moderator Groups / 'Mod-Proof' Private Forums

You can assign moderator access privs the same as you can with any other group.

#3 2008-06-21 16:33:40

jadias

Re: Different Moderator Groups / 'Mod-Proof' Private Forums

I need to bar SOME moderators from getting in to the private forums, but not others. Hence I either need a password (which is a pain in the ass), or seperate moderator groups.

Board footer

Based on PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson

© Copyright 2004–2006 Kristoffer Jansson

User contributed files are property of their respective owners.