Keywords:

(Extended)

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-29 15:34:50

Mollsmolyneux

Announcement mod with Sub forum mod

Announcement mod: http://www.punres.net/desc.php?pid=215
Sub forum mod: http://www.punres.net/desc.php?pid=105

I have installed the sub forum mod and now when I try to install this mod, I edit viewtopic.php and it tell me to replace this line:

Code:

if (!$pun_user['is_guest'])
    $result = $db->query('SELECT t.subject, t.closed, t.num_replies, t.sticky, f.id AS forum_id, f.forum_name, f.moderators, fp.post_replies, s.user_id AS is_subscribed FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON f.id=t.forum_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'subscriptions AS s ON (t.id=s.topic_id AND s.user_id='.$pun_user['id'].') LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') WHERE (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND t.id='.$id.' AND t.moved_to IS NULL') or error('Unable to fetch topic info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
else
    $result = $db->query('SELECT t.subject, t.closed, t.num_replies, t.sticky, f.id AS forum_id, f.forum_name, f.moderators, fp.post_replies, 0 FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON f.id=t.forum_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') WHERE (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND t.id='.$id.' AND t.moved_to IS NULL') or error('Unable to fetch topic info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

with this line:

Code:

$result = $db->query('SELECT t.subject, t.closed, t.num_replies, t.sticky, t.announcement, f.id AS forum_id, f.forum_name, f.moderators,fp.post_replies, s.user_id AS is_subscribed FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON f.id=t.forum_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'subscriptions AS s ON (t.id=s.topic_id AND s.user_id='.$pun_user['id'].') LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') WHERE (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND t.id='.$id.' AND t.moved_to IS NULL') or error('Unable to fetch topic info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
else
    $result = $db->query('SELECT t.subject, t.closed, t.num_replies, t.sticky, t.announcement, f.id AS forum_id, f.forum_name, f.moderators, fp.post_replies, 0 FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON f.id=t.forum_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') WHERE (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND t.id='.$id.' AND t.moved_to IS NULL') or error('Unable to fetch topic info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

However I do not have the first line I have:

Code:

$result = $db->query('SELECT pf.forum_name AS parent_forum, f.parent_forum_id, t.subject, t.closed, t.num_replies, t.sticky, t.announcement, f.id AS forum_id, f.forum_name, f.moderators, fp.post_replies, s.user_id AS is_subscribed FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON f.id=t.forum_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'subscriptions AS s ON (t.id=s.topic_id AND s.user_id='.$pun_user['id'].') LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS pf ON f.parent_forum_id=pf.id WHERE (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND t.id='.$id.' AND t.moved_to IS NULL') or error('Unable to fetch topic info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
else
    $result = $db->query('SELECT pf.forum_name AS parent_forum, f.parent_forum_id, t.subject, t.closed, t.num_replies, t.sticky, t.announcement, f.id AS forum_id, f.forum_name, f.moderators, fp.post_replies, 0 FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON f.id=t.forum_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS pf ON f.parent_forum_id=pf.id WHERE (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND t.id='.$id.' AND t.moved_to IS NULL') or error('Unable to fetch topic info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

I am not sure what to do about this, please help. Also is there anything else that conflicts with these to mods.

Last edited by Mollsmolyneux (2008-05-29 19:01:24)

#2 2008-05-29 17:33:12

quaker
Website

Re: Announcement mod with Sub forum mod

look threw the query and see what has been added since you did the first mod and it repalced the query with different version.. scan the query. example:

first query does have t.closed, t.num_replies but the second one doesnt then u need to add it.

Code:

$result = $db->query('SELECT pf.forum_name AS parent_forum, f.parent_forum_id, t.subject, t.closed, t.num_replies, 

$result = $db->query('SELECT pf.forum_name AS parent_forum, f.parent_forum_id, t.subject,*add this-> t.closed, t.num_replies,

scan the code for missing strings. make sure you have a backup copy......

take old viewtopic.php make backup of it and other files that you modify..

p.s. next time displaying code use the quote or code bbcode so people can read the code better..

Q

Last edited by quaker (2008-05-29 17:34:01)

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

#3 2008-05-29 21:50:20

Mollsmolyneux

I'm still confused, is it possible if you to tell me exactly what to replace the thing with, that would be really helpful.

#4 2008-05-30 15:32:30

Didia

The sub forums mod says that the requested file no longer exists. Is there another mod for this?
Thanks.

Board footer

Based on PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson

© Copyright 2004–2006 Kristoffer Jansson

User contributed files are property of their respective owners.