Your ultimate PunBB resource!

Keywords:

(Extended)

You are not logged in.

#1 2004-07-15 14:56:31

Raybo

Email broadcast of all posts

Hi all ...

I think this has been mentioned before, however was unable to find it, so I'll post here in hopes that someone can write one.

in our forum, we really need to have a Email Broadcast, which when triggered would send out an email to all subscribed users of the forum, all the topics/posts to date.

The script/Mod itself could be triggered from the web browser, however if one has a good idea on implementing something from PubBB Admin panel, that would be groovy too.

I would be delighted if someone could write a Mod that sent out broadcasts, even it was triggered cia browser.

FYI: - Triggering via browser simply implies the script is run by going to a URL where the MOD lives, and by loading the browser page, triggers the script to send out the email.  This way, the overhead is light, and also would enable admins to use a cron on their server to trigger the Mod automatically every X number of days, etc.

If this is something that anyone can figure out and would be willing to write, I feel it would be very useful and popular Mod.  I would also be more than happy to be a beta tester for the same.

Many Thanks in Advance!

#2 2004-07-19 03:47:06

zaher
Website

Re: Email broadcast of all posts

I am doing this Raybo :-)
1 - Html / Plan (option) email the digest.  (Plan DONE)
2 - Manual / Auto after post send posts diegst (Manual DONE)
3 - subscript link in front page to receive digests (DONE)

EDIT: DONE

Last edited by zaher (2004-08-03 02:18:25)

To be or not to be, i dont care.

Board footer

Based on PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson

© Copyright 2004–2006 Kristoffer Jansson

User contributed files are property of their respective owners.